How We Differ
- Lifespan Perspective. Our highly skilled and diverse team of consultants have supported individuals ranging from early intervention through late adulthood. We have had success in providing behavioral supports and plans that have facilitated positive experiences in schools, homes, work, and community-based settings.
- Advanced Degrees, Training and Experience. As a professional corporation, PBSC is dedicated recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most highly skilled professionals working in the field. Several members of our team have obtained their Board Certification in Behavior Analysis (BCBA), while others are in the process of preparing for the certification exam.
- Quality Assurance. We have designated Team Leaders who engage in regular contact with their consultants, providing feedback and support that is essential to ensuring excellent service delivery. Our model is also unique in that we hold annual training seminars for all our consultants that cover a variety of topics that are relevant to our work, including information related to transition issues, ethics and confidentiality, best practices and evidence-based supports.
- Community Connections and Affiliations. Through our years of experience we have built relationships with a number of organizations, including Long Island Developmental Disabilities Service Office, and we are active collaborators with the Consolidated Support Services in New York State. Several consultants also teach at local colleges and universities, including Hofstra, C.W. Post, Queens College, and Touro College. This allows us to share the most current research and resources available on issues that are critical to behavior support and transition planning.
- Community Outreach. We have established a not-for-profit, Positive Community Connections (PCC), which allows us to provide additional access to resources, support, and funding that may not otherwise be available for families. PCC has an endowment and its mission includes ongoing fundraising efforts to help provide some services that are needed in our community, but not covered through existing funding sources.